Thursday, July 14, 2011

News paper Trouble...

I am grown up and I still do not read newspapers. I have tried several times to read news papers and be up to date. It simply turned out to be a futile effort. I have realized that these attempts start every time I reach a new place or city. I got the craze of reading news once when I was in IDEA. I read and listened to news for few days but I could not carry on. 2 months back I had given it another try. I bought news papers for a month but I could make myself read only 3 of the 30 subscriptions. That is a really bad ratio.
I have been trying to ponder upon why I am unable to read news papers when I can read novels. Let me list down 5 reasons why:

1) There is too much happening around in this world and it gets very confusing as to where to start from.

2) I am always amazed by the people in India who manage to keep track of the news. There are too many ministers and too many scams. Every time I start reading news papers I get baffled. The minister who supposedly resigned a few days back will still be in the news only that this time he will be holding a different post. When a minister says he is resigning he means only his post. He will soon be taking over another post.

3) The terrorist who is already been given death sentence will again be given death sentence the next time you read news paper. Sometimes I even wonder if they print the same news paper I read 3 months back again!

4) Business section: Oh gosh!!! There is no way anyone can make me read that. There are so many numbers and it makes me go bonkers. I don't mind data ever as god has given me only a small brain. I can't afford to waste my precious memory trying to remember which company has got how much turn out this year.

5) Finally to the sports section. That seems pretty interesting and probably the only section that I can read sometimes. Here again I try not to remember facts and so this information is something that I can't make use of.

I have finally come to peace with the fact that reading news papers is not my cup of tea. I am composed with the ignorance.

No comments:

Post a Comment