Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Ten Digit Attachment

I was having a normal day. I was reading my novel lying in the bed when my mobile rang. It was a message. It was from a new number. I read the message and I got a chill.
The message from the new number said it was my dad. This was not the reason for the chill that I felt. The real reason being it read that this is the dad's new number!!! I initially forced myself to believe that it must be a prank. Not that he plays pranks with me but I was still hoping it to be. How can he change our 8 year old mobile number without giving much thought to it and that too for only the thrill of it. I have this mobile number deeply etched in my memory and it will always live with me. The new number does not feel welcomed. There is no symmetry in the new number and there is an added burden of remembering a new number.
This was the first time ever that my dad did anything without telling me before. Now as I am writing this blog I am getting a new feeling. May be I am not as attached to my parents as I was before. They needed me for making every small decision. If only my dad had spoken to me about this I would have talked him out of this idea. How I wish he had kept his old number. I am surprised how even a mobile number is capable of getting attached with my life. May be this is the last time I am quoting my old mobile number. Dedicated to 9890707633.

No comments:

Post a Comment