Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Magical Charging of Nokia

This is a trick that I recently came across. This trick miraculously seems to charge the Nokia batteries to its full power with just a piece of paper!!! I had spent the entire yesterday evening trying to figure out how it works but ended up making only little success. Let me first write about how to perform the trick.
Firstly take the battery off the mobile. Check if the battery has 3 terminals in it. All BL-5C series have it. I don't know if this trick works with the other kinds of batteries or not. I tested it in my Nokia 1100. Next cover only the center terminal with a piece of paper. Now put the battery back on without removing the paper. Switch on the mobile and Voila!!! It shows full charge. Now the paper can be removed and the cellphone will still SHOW* full charge. To get it back to normal just switch off and switch on without the paper.
Now let me try to answer the HOW part of it. After much searching I got the Nokia service manuals. By examining it I found out that the center terminal is called the BSI (Battery status indicator). As everyone would have guessed by now it tells the status of the battery charge. By insulating the terminal with a paper we are somehow fooling the cellphone. I have not been able to find out how exactly it is able to fool it. I still can not explain how even after the paper is removed it shows full charge. I think this can be answered only if we get the software which runs in the mobile. If some one gets the reason please post it here.

Note: *This trick does not really charge the mobile. The battery will run out normally and the mobile will get switched off without any warning...

3 comments:

  1. Hey... Mine is BP 6M... I tried doing it.. But my phone doesn't get switched on after the paper is inserted .. I tried checking whether the other two terminals are somehow getting blocked or not.But they're not.. I tried blocking the other two terminals thinking they might be the status indicators,but no result.. :( .. I think this happens only with BL-5c..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok... I think it works with only the old models of Nokia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it requires CS :P
    figure it out.
    u need CS for findin out d meanin of CS

    ReplyDelete