Wednesday, January 6, 2010

1024 to 512

About a month back I had a deal with Abhishek. Pankaj had bought a 512 MB RAM for his computer a year back. But luckily for us the RAM was incompatible with his computer. Sorry for being so mean :Pankaj!!! Pankaj benevolently offered us to use the RAM. We two lazy bums, me being more lazy than Abhishek did not get the RAM for many days from him. We found it too difficult to walk to his room and get the RAM.
Finally Abhishek fetched it from his room. I think this was before the last exam of the semester in the month of November. He tried it in his computer. His computer is one antique piece. That computer only functions when the CPU is kept flat on the table. This is not the only problem with the computer. There are more like if the motherboard is ever touched then it starts complaining by making weird sounds. The CPU then refuses to boot. The whole thing looks as if the computer is cursing Abhishek. This makes Abhishek a little worried and angry. He then starts working on the CPU as if trying to pacify his girl friend. Poor Abhishek I pity him!!! lolz... Today he had another problem with his SMPS also. The only good thing about his computer is that he has got 1GB ram which is 512MB more than mine which he keeps bragging about to me. Abhishek if you are reading this then take my advice and sell your computer. You may even give me your RAM :)
So much for now about his computer let me carry on with the deal. It did not initially work with his computer but after several tries his computer accepted the extra memory. I later tried in mine and it worked. Abhishek being such a nice friend of mine allowed me to keep the RAM. He had an agreement that I will be allowed to keep it till the time I get a job.
My computer turned from a Maruthi 800 into a Ferrari with that RAM. It became super fast. It booted up in seconds. I could use themes for my operating system. I no longer had to use the windows classic theme. I know it is embarrassing to use that one. DC became fun too.
Today I had to give the 512 MB RAM back to him. I am experiencing time dilation. It feels like ages before the computer boots up. I am back to my windows classic look :( I miss the 512MB. This blog is dedicated to that 512MB which stayed with me for a month. I miss you...

4 comments:

  1. Fcuk u....its nt d prblm wid d comp,prblm lies wid d owner who keeps on xperimentin.
    btw 512Mb is now finally Happy aftr findin a Ferrari to work on...:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You dont worry... You will be getting a news pretty soon.. Your Ram is going to find a new home :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good going... You are learning. You will overtake me soon :)

    ReplyDelete