Friday, January 15, 2010

Solar Eclipse

Today I witnessed my first solar eclipse. I never thought I will be so excited to see the Sun change its shape to become a moon for sometime. The Eclipse was not total but it was a very thrilling experience.
Around 1 PM, me and Aniket got motivated to watch solar eclipse. We decided to watch the reflection in a bucket. The attempt went futile. We could not see any reflection in the pink plastic bucket. I then got a plate from the mess and filled water over it. We could then see the reflection. The sun had already changed into a 'C' that had lost its balance and had fallen on its back. It was fun. Soon people started joining. Mess dadas were among the first to join. It felt intensely joyous to show them the eclipse. It was as if me and my buddy had invented a new apparatus. Everyone had a happy smile on the face after seeing it.
We then noticed that the plates metal surface was reflecting most of the light. So we thought it might be harmful. The mess dada then provided as with a larger vessel. It felt safer to watch the reflection in it. Soon other friends joined in. It was little difficult to find the Sun's reflection for the first time. But as soon as one managed to find the reflection he would feel like he is the smartest ass present over there and would take pride in helping others see it. Looking at all these we were feeling even more proud of it. After all we were THE SMARTEST ASSes, as we were the ones who started it. They tried getting the image in a camera but it was difficult. We kept this show on for quite sometime. Chandi da, our hall -5 canteen dada also came to see it. Mess manager was also passing by. He also saw and just like the others [U know like whom ;)] he showed it to Atul da, our cook.
We soon got a X-Ray film from somewhere. The sight of such a Sun was astounding. I kept seeing it for a long time. After nearly 2 hrs the shape of the 'C' changed into a reflected version of it. We then came back.
I have decided to celebrate the eclipse by not taking bath today. Even the mess dada's are helping the celebration by preparing SD for tonight. I pray that it tastes good and completes my celebration. I have managed to get this pic of today's eclipse from Laha.

No comments:

Post a Comment