Monday, July 25, 2011

Mumbai - Pune Express

So many people have already blogged in the praise of Bombay Pune experessway. I am going to add one more today to the plethora of available blogs. It truely is the Sierra Niveda of India. I am having the perfect weather to enjoy the drive. I have managed to siege the front seat besides the driver. I was determined on getting this seat today. This is my first drive on this route. I wanted the best of it.
So I am positioned at my vantage point. There is a slight overcast. We are driving at just above 90. Music is playing loudly from the speakers and the smell of the smoke of cigarette from the smokers behind who are unable to resist, tempted by the beauty, is filling the vehicle. There is lush greenery everywhere. Hills run parallel to the road continuously. Some small ponds and lakes appear sometimes.
The tunnels here are mesmerizing. The other end of the tunnel offers a new vista. I just crossed the third tunnel en route and I always found two completely different views on either side. On one end the sky was kinda clear and here I am just 400 m on to the other side and I see heavy rain. The transition through the tunnel is also equally captivating. The top of the tunnel is lined by yellow halogens which spreads an orage hue. It gives me a spooky and sad feeling. That color always has the same effect on me but still it is beautiful in its own way. The divider between the to and fro lanes have neatly trimmed grass growing. There is so much around that I will not be able to write everything in here. This is a memory which I will hold cherished. I am going back to enjoying the drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment