Saturday, January 2, 2010

Cold and Hair

I did not understand the gravity of the relation between Cold and Hair till I depilated my head. This is in the middle of the winter that I decided to go bald. Not for any religious reasons but only for the sake of pure 100% fun and experimentation. It was always my fantasy to do it which I could not do earlier partly because of lack of proper time and partly because of lack of audacity to change my looks.For those of you who want to know how it feels like to be bald in the winter read on...
God has given hair so as to protect excessive heat and cold. If you cut it in the winter and expect it to be comfortable then you are probably a moron. It feels very^10 cold. For sometime it might also feel like the barber has installed a mini Hitachi Ac for just Rs. 15 over the head but later it becomes acclimated. All that acclimatisation will turn out to be useless at night though. Exactly speaking the cold that the head feels without the hair is like the cold that most people feel in the nose on a cold day riding on a bike very fast.
Luckily the intelligent biped have invented the warm woolen cap (Topa in hindi) which becomes indispensable. This acts both as a protection against cold and also helps to conceal the stupidity after the realization of idiocy of cutting the hair.
The B-side of short hair is that going out is excessively quick with no need to worry about the hair. It also feels good to rub hand over the head. The velvet feel is truly awesome. Any boring day can be converted to an interesting one by taking a walk outside without the cap. Somebody is sure to comment and then u can strike a long conversation with the person ;). And lastly but most importantly what can be more engaging than seeing the pattern in which one is loosing hair.

4 comments:

  1. Hey thanks... I take that as a compliment... It is lot better than Prabhat (AP) calling me PAA :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think dat suits better....try sayin PAAAA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't even think of it. I will call u BUM otherwise...

    ReplyDelete