Saturday, January 2, 2010

A breif recap 2

Let me put in some of the less important things that happened to me last year in this... These are the less boring parts unlike the prior post (missing in this blog!!!).
I think the journey back to the college which was related in the last post needs expansion. It was one of a kind journey that I ever had. Firstly I had to reach college as our placement season was starting and one of the core companies for electronics (Tejas) was supposed to come soon. So I could not afford bunking it. Me and another friend of mine who was supposed to go to Patna had reservations in the same train. We reached the railway station and saw that the train is delayed by 6 hours due to landslide. This was just the beginning of the fun. We took the 1 hr journey back home again. I got a gut feeling that the train is going to get canceled and it did get canceled. I was happy that I will be going to stay at home for another week but then was feeling restless within as I wanted to attend the interview.My friend had no hurry so he booked the next week train.
The next day was just as exciting. I got up and then told parents that I will take unreserved trains and somehow make it to the college. My dad offered his company. I did not want him to come as the journey would be difficult. I went to check the trains at my friends place and when I came back a surprise awaited me. My dad came up with the idea of sending me by flight till Mumbai. Everybody at home was very much excited as no one had flown before. I booked a ticket to Calcutta from Mumbai by train.
I went to the airport first time in my life and then I was a little nervous.The air hostess were good. Specially the Kingfisher ones :) I was traveling in Indigo. They had the worst of the air hostess or may be "The grass on the other side of the fence is always greener". I got into the plane after an hour of wait in the airport. The flight took off. There was initial acceleration which was fun. It was pulling me back to my seat and in some time we where above the clouds. Even the rain bearing clouds look white from top and the sun shines like summer above the clouds.
I reached Mumbai in less than an hour. I then went to the railway station. I had to wait there for 10 hours till the next day morning 6. I went for a movie and when I came back at 12 I discovered that the train in which I was supposed to travel also got canceled. This was the ultimate test of my patience. I luckily got reservation in another train which started at 4 in d evening. This meant 10 hours of more waiting.
In the morning I decided to take a walk around the place. I made friends with a travel agent who was a divorcee and had been treated in the mental asylum for 3 years. After an hour chat with him I walked till the Gateway of India. I also saw the Nariman Point and Trident hotel which gained popularity after the terrorist attack.
Then I finally made it to my college with a travel time of 52 hrs which otherwise would take 38-40 hrs only to discover that the company that I came running all the way is not coming!!!
Among the other things that happened last year was: a spoilt mp4 player (july) , 9 pointer, Drdo interview whose results are still awaited, a job in Idea cellular and lastly I shaved my head (all of that in Dec)

No comments:

Post a Comment